Kaiser Permanente Urgent Care RN - Part Time, Camp Springs Medical Center in Temple Hills, Maryland
To provide comprehensive nursing care to patients in the Urgent Care.
Essential Responsibilities: - Deliver competent urgent or emergent nursing care to a diverse patient population of all ages, acuities and conditions within the population served by the facility. - Administer all prescribed medications and treatments, using all routes of administration. Monitors patients receiving these medications and treatments. - Perform or assist with patient procedures and perform therapeutic interventions for a variety of conditions, including set up, and post procedure recovery/education. - Administer medications for procedural sedation; monitor and recover patients undergoing procedural sedation. - Respond to life-threatening emergency situations using Advanced Cardiac Life Support and/or Pediatric Advanced Life Support protocols and algorithms. - Perform basic cardiac monitoring including identification of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Perform thorough triage of patients presenting for care in order to accurately assess patient condition and determine priority for treatment.
- Formulate a goal-directed plan of care in collaboration with the other members of the health care team.
- Utilize, maintain, troubleshoot, asses, and remove PICC and other central venous access lines.
- Assess, plan, implement patient/family teaching to promote compliance with medical regimen and improve patient outcomes.
- Coordinate patient flow and direct other clinical support staff in the delivery of patient care within the unit, including serving as a resource for other staff members when needed.
- Complete duties efficiently, always maintaining safe practice and policies, including infection control, workplace safety, and management of aggressive behaviors.
- Act as a patient advocate to intervene in member services complaints/issues as they arise in order to maintain high quality patient satisfaction. Escalates unresolved issues to clinical manager when appropriate.
- Participates in Code Blue and Rapid Response Teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse in an emergency room, urgent care, or acute care environment is required. Education
Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program. License, Certification, Registration
Current RN license in Maryland (or compact state license) required.
- BLS certification from the American Heart Association is required.
- ACLS certification is required within 3 months of hire.
PALS certification is required within 3 months of hire.
Proficient in use of applicable computer software required.
Experience in IV therapy is preferred.
- BSN is preferred.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Urgent Care RN - Part Time, Camp Springs Medical CenterLOCATION Temple Hills, MDREQNUMBER 627305
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.