Kaiser Permanente Sales Executive III - Tyson's Corner, VA in Rockville, Maryland
(This positions will cover the Northern Virginia area)
Accountable for managing a sales territory or strategic plans to achieve sales goals and strategic objectives by cultivating new client relationships and closing sales. Initiates and maintains mutually beneficial business relationships in order to grow membership and drive margin. Implements new sales plans and effective marketing strategies and position the organization competitively. Prospects and qualifies appropriate new business opportunities, gain commitment to do business with KP, establish the right business position, and ensures high quality customer experience. Develops a culture of collaboration and accountability between sales, account management, pricing and other key internal partners. Works with internal partners, specifically care delivery, to aid sales in closing new business.
Essential Responsibilities: - Develop and execute sales strategy for maximizing member and revenue growth. - Sell the group with right rate, product benefit mix and conditions of offering in compliance with KP policy and procedures and federal and state law. - Complete analysis of sales strategies and communicate lessons learned and future strategies. - Participate in industry related associations and organization activities. - Set expectations for penetration and develop strategy for maximum share with customer and KP account management team. - Work collaboratively with channel resources and broker development to maximize group sales. - Act as point person for KP resources and communications to broker community. - Develop and present finalist presentations, coordinating the various teams and resources. - Collaborate with regional leadership to keep Senior leadership and Medical Group up to date on marketplace dynamics. - Identify and qualify regional prospects. - Assess prospects and prioritize best opportunity sales. - Develop a channel plan and report profile and performance results to management. - Work collaboratively with account management and other internal/external partners on strategies for targeted prospects and final sales efforts. - Build new and leverage established broker relationships to increase prospect and sales opportunities. - Create and implement strategic plans for increasing sales at targeted brokerage firms. - Attend targeted industry conferences representing KP regionally within the assigned territory. - Collect, aggregate, and report competitive developments and trends for organizational strategic planning. - Collaborate with others in KP to develop competitive strategy. - Articulate KP position on significant business issues. - Seek opportunities for improving KP image/visibility in business community. - Effectively presents KP's value proposition to brokers. - Consult with customers and channels to identify needs, demonstrate value, build commitment to KP, and develop appropriate business solutions and proposals to respond to criteria and specific needs. - Keep brokers informed on health care industry trends and KP development. - Identify customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions linking KP mission, vision and values, key quality measures, care management initiatives and services initiatives. - Identify and communicate broker needs and expectations to other departments to ensure a high quality customer experience. - Review and resolve outstanding broker and customer issues. If Occupational Health (CA):
- Develop a detailed insurance carrier, Network Developer or TPA channel strategy for assigned prospect and report progress on performance results to management.
- Relationship management for TPA and/or Network Developer.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum five (5) years of experience in meeting employee group health plan sales objectives or related experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships. - Minimum three (3) years of experience in the healthcare industry. - If Occupational Health (CA): Minimum five (5) years of experience with Workers' compensation claims, risk management, managed care or occupational health. Education
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in meeting employee group health plan sales objectives or related experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships.
If Occupational Health: Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, risk management and insurance, nursing OR four (4) years of experience in business development, risk management, and/or insurance. License, Certification, Registration
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
Demonstrated ability to identify barriers and develop plan to elicit full support. Proven ability to model and actively participate with sales team to identify barriers and build a successful sales plan.
Extensive knowledge of and experience with employee health benefits.
- Strong knowledge of alternative finance approaches.
- Demonstrated understanding of local competitors' products, strengths, weaknesses, market strategies and financial position.
- Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends in the health care industry and health insurance benefits, regulations related to marketing, benefits, enrollment and other guidelines as governed by regulatory agencies, and changes in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Possesses excellent relationships with the local and inter-regional broker channels.
- Possesses and maintains a high level knowledge of Kaiser Permanente and the products offered.
- Ability to articulate customer value drivers in light of KP value proposition.
- Appropriate Maryland, Virginia and DC Life and Health Insurance licenses required within 90 days of hire date.
- If Occupational Health: No license requirements.
- If Labor and Trust: Experience within group health insurance, including active involvement in the organized labor community, either as a union official, or as an insurance representative that had responsibility for building and maintaining relationships with organized labor officials.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Understanding of relationships of MPNs, managed care services, and PPOs in the workers' compensation industry.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Sales Executive III - Tyson's Corner, VALOCATION Rockville, MDREQNUMBER 581762
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.