Kaiser Permanente Medical Equipment Plnr in Portland, Oregon
Develops medical equipment plans, including budgets and specifications, for new KP medical facilities, major renovations and expansion of existing medical facilities. Evaluates, locates and recommends equipment to be purchased. Consults with medical and administrative personnel, architects, and contractors on the same. Identifies equipment and design conflicts during the design process to avoid costly construction delays. Develops and updates budgets for project start-ups. Conducts value cost analysis and comparative equipment studies to recommend the most cost and time effective systems. Provides accurate and sufficient information for project teams during the design, implementation and installation process. Provides knowledgeable responses to client's questions when medical equipment issues arise.
Essential Responsibilities: - Conducts independent work in support of all phases of the design, construction, deployment and installation of capital projects.
Manages multiple moderately complex individual projects and/or simple projects
Develops the project work plans defining deliverables and due dates, with Clinical Systems Engineer (CSE), and Kaiser Permanente Information Technology Project Manager (KPIT PM)
Monitors emerging technologies; reports on healthcare related technology trends; assess new healthcare related technologies; disseminates healthcare related technology information as appropriate across the Kaiser Permanente enterprise aligning with processes within the broader Clinical Technology program
Develops equipment specifications in consultation with user groups and strategic partners
Applies the production of 3-5 year medical equipment forecasts and strategic plans for service area, regional, and national purchasing plans. Conducts cost-benefit analyses
Leads the creation of equipment planning documents in new and existing care delivery environments; provision of technical and environmental requirements in support of contract documents; conducts drawing reviews and coordinates medical equipment placement on project construction documents, templates; assistance with the reviews of startup equipment lists; assistance with equipment punch activities and forecasting as needed
Leads equipment performance analysis for reuse of equipment on projects in collaboration with the Clinical Systems Engineers, facilities, service areas, regions, and/or across the enterprise
- Provides project management techniques, working knowledge to perform a functional analysis of the equipment as it relates to operations and facility, defining key equipment criteria for the project, offering alternative solutions to the design teams to reduce initial or lifecycle cost while maximizing function, without compromising patient care, ADA requirements or ergonomics
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum five (5) years of experience in medical equipment planning, healthcare, clinical engineering, biomedical, architectural or construction environment. Education
- Associates' degree in medical, healthcare, architecture, engineering, construction management OR two (2) years of experience in a directly related field.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. License, Certification, Registration
N/A Additional Requirements:
In-depth knowledge of the appropriate use and allocation of medical equipment for direct patient care.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry practices including hospital and clinic procedures and department functions.
- Ability to discuss with medical personnel, physicians, and administration, appropriate medical equipment to provide patient care.
- Understanding of architectural and design schedules and the ability to coordinate equipment planning with building design and construction.
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Communication and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Project, Powerpoint, Access and Excel.
Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Medical Equipment PlnrLOCATION Portland, ORREQNUMBER 608097
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.