Kaiser Permanente Sales Exec/Rep V- Location- anywhere in California in Oakland, California
Accountable for managing a sales territory or strategic plans to achieve sales goals and strategic objectives by cultivating new client relationships and closing sales. Initiates and maintains mutually beneficial business relationships in order to grow membership and drive margin. Implements new sales plans and effective marketing strategies and position the organization competitively. Prospects and qualifies appropriate new business opportunities, gain commitment to do business with KP, establish the right business position, and ensures high quality customer experience. Develops a culture of collaboration and accountability between sales, account management, pricing and other key internal partners. Works with internal partners, specifically care delivery, to aid sales in closing new business.
Essential Responsibilities: - Develop and execute sales strategy for maximizing member and revenue growth. - Set expectations for penetration and develop strategy for maximum share with customer and KP account management team. - Participate in industry related associations and organization activities with leadership roles and responsibilities. - Work collaboratively with channel resources and broker development to maximize group sales. - Develop and present finalist presentations coordinating the various teams and resources. - Collaborate with regional leadership to keep Senior leadership and Medical Group up to date on marketplace dynamics. - Identify and qualify national accounts prospects through effective pipeline management. - Develop and manage national prospects pipeline through various sales channels in assigned territory. - Build new and leverage established broker relationships to increase prospect/sales opportunities. - Create and implement strategic plans for increasing sales at targeted brokerage firms. - Collect, aggregate and report competitive developments and trends for strategic planning. - Present to Sr. Leadership on pricing and strategy for target prospects. - Effectively presents KP's value proposition to to multi-state/strategic brokers/consultants. - Actively participates in new product and pricing discussions providing market feedback and assisting in the development of future products. - Influence KP executives to reach agreements on strategic issues and policies related to specific accounts. - Develop designated key practice leader relationships to improve business opportunities for KP. - Build multi-tiered relationships with consulting firms that result in influencing policy and business outcomes. - Proactively develop and present the KP value proposition individualized for firm/client/forum. - Establish shared solution criteria to guide current and future customer benefit strategies. - Manage successful implementation of new group sale with appropriate KP functional areas. - Utilize account specific strategy to execute with regional account teams and internal departments. - With account manager and case installation, review administration processes with customer/broker/consultant. If National Accounts (NA):
- Collaborate with NA and Regional Sales to develop key consultant/broker relationships to achieve improved multi-state/strategic opportunities.
- Partner with NA local or national consulting firms and Regional Implementation Leads to qualify prospects to quote, present and sell multi-state/strategic prospects.
- Partner with national strategy team in developing firm-specific strategies and execute plan at national and local level.
- Partner with national and regional underwriting to establish key growth objectives and develop annual strategic plan.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum twelve (12) years of experience in meeting employee group health plan sales/consulting objectives or related experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships. - Minimum six (6) years of above experience in the healthcare industry. Education
Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in meeting employee group health plan sales/consulting objectives or related experience in sales, marketing, business development, and/or managing business to business relationships. License, Certification, Registration
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal written communication skills and relationship building skills with internal and external C-level customers.
- Experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills with C-level management engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate internal departments to produce positive results for clients and the company.
- Proven ability to model and actively participate with sales team to identify barriers and build a successful sales plan.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate complex situations.
- Has complete knowledge of all company products and services and may be tasked with sales/development of new or strategic products.
- Extensive knowledge of alternative finance approaches.
- Understands medical management operations and strategies in health care facilities and field.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitors' products, strengths, weaknesses, market strategies and financial position.
- Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends in the health care industry and health insurance benefits, regulations related to marketing, benefits, enrollment and other guidelines as governed by regulatory agencies, and changes in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Proven successful track record of consultative sales and strategy development resulting in increased membership and revenues.
- Possesses excellent relationships with local and inter-regional Broker channels.
- Possesses and maintains a high level knowledge of Kaiser Permanente and the products that offered.
- Ability to articulate customer value drivers in light of KP value proposition.
- Previous experience in sales and development of new or strategic products.
- CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
- If National Accounts or Stockton Telesales: All applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
- If Medicare Sales Representative/Sales Managers/Enrollers: No license requirement.
- If Occupational Health: No license requirements.
Previous experience selling health care products through direct sales or consultants.
MHA, MPH, or MBA.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Sales Exec/Rep V- Location- anywhere in CaliforniaLOCATION Oakland, CAREQNUMBER 626890
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.