Kaiser Permanente Administrative Specialist IV in Campbell, California
Under limited supervision, supports the head of a department by providing advanced level administrative support and general office duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature. Communicates with contacts at all levels in and outside of the organization. Typically reports to a director.
Essential Responsibilities: - Organizes and expedites flow of work for the department manager's office and the department in accordance to the manager's method of operation. Schedules appointments and makes arrangements for meetings, conferences, and travel. - Provides routine to moderately complex administrative support for the operations and procedures of the department. Prepares special reports that require gathering, comparing and summarizing data. Organizes and maintains files, correspondence and records. Handles and frequently accesses highly confidential and sensitive information. Initiates any follow-up action.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, letters, and/or visitors. Answers routine questions and provides information related to general department operations, policies and procedures using discretion for matters pertaining to confidential or sensitive information. Determines when to appropriately refer inquiries, requests or issues to managers or department staff members and follows up to ensure resolution on behalf of manager or department.
- Organizes and prepares routine correspondence for the department manager, as well as complex documents including reports, spreadsheets, presentations and various forms of communications documents requiring the integration of multiple office technology and software applications. May act as the department's office resource for word processing and spreadsheet application.
- Assists with tracking the department budget. Tracks and compiles expenses. Prepares monthly expense reports. May address issues to department manager.
- Performs other related duties following standard office routine, practices and procedures or instructions.
Qualifications: Basic Qualifications: Experience - Minimum five (5) years of experience performing administrative support functions for department managers. - Minimum six (6) months of experience in coordinating and providing support to large complex projects. Education - High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. License, Certification, Registration - N/A
Additional Requirements: - Excellent customer service skills. - Demonstrate oral & written communication skills. - Advanced level proficiency with MS Word, and intermediate level proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel or Access (required only if applicable to department's needs). - Must be able to work in a Labor-Management Partnership environment.
Preferred Qualifications: - Lotus Notes skills preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
COMPANY Kaiser PermanenteTITLE Administrative Specialist IVLOCATION Campbell, CAREQNUMBER 637381
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.